A water-based iron phosphate pretreatment that produces a uniform conversion coating on steel surfaces. It is formulated to remove moderate soils such as metalworking fluids, stamping oils, drawing compounds, rust preventatives, etc. The coated surface then serves as an anchor for powder/paint adhesion and provides a non-conductive layer that greatly discharges the migration of rust should film be ruptured.
Steel Surface Pretreatment
- Enhanced paint adhesion
- Imparts superior corrosion under cured films, including powder, water-borne and high solids coatings
- Mild pH generates less sludgy by-product than conventional products
- Meets the requirements of MIL-C-46487 type 1 and 2 and Federal Specifications TT-C-490C type II
- Typical coating weights ranging from 35 to 60 mg per square foot
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon drums
- 275 gallon recyclable totes
Walker engineers water based steel and aluminum metalworking surface pretreatments and rinse agents for various applications. Customized and formulated to meet fabrication, pre-finish and post-finish requirements.