A low foaming water-based iron phosphate pretreatment that produces a uniform conversion coating on steel or aluminum surfaces. It is formulated to remove moderate soils such as metalworking fluids, stamping oils, drawing compounds, rust preventatives, etc. The coating becomes an integral part of the metal surface, producing a characteristic color ranging from iridescent blue to a golden hue (aluminum coatings appear slightly golden).
Aluminum Surface Pretreatment
Steel Surface Pretreatment
- Enhanced paint adhesion
- Low-foaming formula
- Imparts superior corrosion under cured films, including powder, water-borne and high solids coatings
- Mild pH generates less sludgy by-product than conventional products
- Meets military specification TT-C-490C type II and MIL-C-46487 type I
- Typical coating weights ranging from 35 to 60 mg per square foot
- 5 gallon pails
- 55 gallon drums
- 275 gallon recyclable totes
Walker engineers water based steel and aluminum metalworking surface pretreatments and rinse agents for various applications. Customized and formulated to meet fabrication, pre-finish and post-finish requirements.